After last Friday, I really did start thinking about my own biases as you can begin to read about in my last posting. I guess I never thought I had assumptions going into this experience but boy was I wrong. We must learn to never assume anything because you never know a person's walk. As part of our classtime we read a few case studies that highlighted some all to real situations about students and their families and how life's situations sometimes make school an even greater challenge.
I feel as if I need to keep reading for there is so much I want to know. Mostly, I need to know how to talk to students so that they feel safe enough to trust me and more than anything I want to talk to them so that they can learn. One of the biggest lessons I have learned this week is that if a child is distracted by negative emotions, learning is a greater challenge. Happy kids make for better learners!
Can Messy Learning Make A Comeback?
11 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment