Wednesday, September 16, 2009

To be honest I am starting to feel these school days wearing me out. I am loving my days in Kindergarten but at times I feel it requires more energy than I have. I admire my master teacher for her ongoing enthusiasm, she has been inspiring and pure motivation. It really isn't a problem until I get home and realize I feel little excitement to do much else other than hw and relax.

Today I spent some time one on one with students working on letter recognition. More than a few of the students I met with had difficulty recognizing almost half of the letters. Before today, I was beginning to assume that a majority of our students were at level but today was quite an eye-opening experience for me. I sat with two of my ELL students and two other students who were often stumped. When I was working with them on their writing they also had a difficult time matching sounds to letters. Today I realized how diverse our students are according to their abilities. Some students needed a little extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment